Frequently Asked Questions
Is there parking available? If I bring my spouse/friend,
will the rate change? How many rooms use the shared bathroom in Castle?
What are the kitchenettes equipped with? Do you accept
long stays? Can I make phone calls?Can we get Internet
access? Is there a computer and/or printer we can use?
Why are the taxes so high? What is in each Suite?
- Q: Is there parking available?A: We have a 3-car indoor garage located on the side of our building on
Lorne Crescent street. You may reserve a spot for $15/night when making a reservation
online or by phone.
There is also free street parking available; however, it is very important that
you take note of any signs and parking restrictions. For an explanations of parking
signs click here
- Q: If I bring my spouse/friend, will the
rate change?A: The rates are set for up to 2 people. There
is a charge of $20 per additional person after that.
- Q: How many rooms use the shared bathroom
in Castle?A The shared bathroom is used by the 4 rooms in
the Castle: the Scholar’s, Traveller’s, Queen’s, and King’s Rooms. For guests staying
in these rooms, there is also a half bathroom located by the kitchen/common area.
- Q: What are the kitchenettes equipped with?A: The kitchenettes in the suites are all equipped with: utensils
(spoons, forks, knives), plates, glasses, wine glasses, can opener, microwave, refrigerator
(some have a freezer as well), stove and oven, an assortment of cooking utensils,
kettle, French press, and pots (no pans).
You can borrow pans from main office kitchen.
We do not allow cooking that would generate strong smells like fish or curry…
- Q: Do you accept long stays?A: Yes we do (but it may be too expensive compared to an ordinary
furnished apartment rental). If you are interested in staying for more than a week,
please contact us to discuss rates.
- Q: Can I make phone calls?A: Yes, there is a phone in every room. Each suite has its own telephone
number (you will find it written on the handset), and the rooms in the Castle have
a shared line. All local calls are free. To make long distance calls, please purchase
a calling card.
- Q: Can we get Internet access?A: There is WiFi/wireless internet available on the premises. You
will find the password on the yellow information sheet in your room upon your arrival.
- Q: Is there a computer and/or printer we
can use?A: Unfortunately the computer in the office is not
available to guests as it is the only computer we have here. If you notify us in
advance we can lend you a tablet computer at $15/day. (Less for longer stays).
If you need to print a boarding pass or travel itinerary, then you are welcome to
come by during office hours: 10 am – 6 pm.
- Q: Why are the taxes so high?A: The taxes (22.56%) are a combination of the federal and provincial
taxes, lodging tax, and credit card fee. The credit card fee (3%) will not apply
if you choose to pay with cash or Canadian debit.
- Q: What is in each Suite?A:
• Either One double bed, 2 double beds or 2 single beds depending on the suite configuration.
• Comfortable, very good quality mattresses with mattress protector.
• Bed Sheets,
• Towels (Body, Face and Hand) with shampoo and conditioner
• Private bathroom.
• Dining table with 4 chairs,
• Fully equipped kitchenette with fridge, stove and microwave oven, kettle etc.
• Quiet and independently controlled air conditioning and heating,
• Telephone with personal and direct phone number (free local calls),
• 32" plasma television,
• DVD player with free movies,
• iPod radio dock,
• Hair dryer,
• Pressing iron,
• Wireless high-speed internet,