Frequently Asked Questions
Is there parking available? If I bring my spouse/friend,
will the rate change? How many rooms use the shared bathroom in Castle?
What are the kitchenettes equipped with? Do you accept
long stays? Can I make phone calls?Can we get Internet
access? Is there a computer and/or printer we can use?
Why are the taxes so high? What is in each Suite?
- Q: Is there parking available?A: There is limited parking available in our 3-car garage for $17+tax per night.
Should you decide to opt for free street parking, click here for a quick course on Montreal Parking Signs.
- Q: If I bring my spouse/friend, will the
rate change?A: The rates are set for up to 2 people. There
is a charge of $20 per additional person after that.
- Q: How many rooms use the shared bathroom
in Castle?A: Yes! Each room in the Castle has its own private bathroom. While King’s Room and Traveller’s Room have their bathroom in the room (ensuite), The bathroom for Scholar’s Room and Queen’s Room are just a hop away directly across from the room on the hallway. There is also a half bathroom located by the kitchen/common area.
- Q: What are the kitchenettes equipped with?A: The kitchenettes in the suites are all equipped with: utensils
(spoons, forks, knives), plates, glasses, wine glasses, can opener, microwave, refrigerator
(some have a freezer as well), stove and oven, an assortment of cooking utensils,
kettle, French press, and pots (no pans).
You can borrow pans from main office kitchen.
We do not allow cooking that would generate strong smells like fish or curry…
- Q: Do you accept long stays?A: Yes we do (but it may be too expensive compared to an ordinary
furnished apartment rental). If you are interested in staying for more than a week,
please contact us to discuss rates.
- Q: Can I make phone calls?A: Yes, there is a phone in every room. Each suite has its own telephone
number (you will find it written on the handset), and the rooms in the Castle have
a shared line. All local calls are free. To make long distance calls, please purchase
a calling card.
- Q: Can we get Internet access?A: There is WiFi/wireless internet available on the premises. You
will find the password on the yellow information sheet in your room upon your arrival.
- Q: Is there a computer and/or printer we
can use?A: Unfortunately the computer in the office is not
available to guests as it is the only computer we have here. If you notify us in
advance we can lend you a tablet computer at $10/day. (Less for longer stays).
If you need to print a boarding pass or travel itinerary, then you are welcome to
come by during office hours: 10 am – 6 pm.
- Q: Why are the taxes so high?A: The taxes (22.56%) are a combination of the federal and provincial
taxes, lodging tax, and credit card fee. The credit card fee (3%) will not apply
if you choose to pay with cash or Canadian debit.
- Q: What is in each Suite?A:
• Either only One Queen size bed, or One Queen Size bed and a double sofa bed, or 2 single beds depending on the suite configuration. There is only one Queen size bed in King’s Room and Queen’s Room. There is only one double bed in Traveller’s and Scholar’s Rooms..
• Comfortable, very good quality mattresses with mattress protector.
• Bed Sheets,
• Towels (Body, Face and Hand) with shampoo and conditioner
• Private bathroom.
• Dining table with 4 chairs,
• Fully equipped kitchenette with fridge, stove and microwave oven, kettle etc.
• Quiet and independently controlled air conditioning and heating,
• Telephone with personal and direct phone number (free local calls),
• 32" plasma television,
• DVD player with free movies,
• iPod radio dock,
• Hair dryer,
• Pressing iron,
• Wireless high-speed internet,